An eye-catching, professional cover design can contribute significantly to the success of your eBook. As most online retailers will display a very small version of your cover in search results and listings, it is vital that your cover works well as a “thumbnail” image.
The importance of good design is much discussed, and although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it is wise to avoid the possibility of appearing on these lists:
Far better to invest time, thought and budget if necessary, to creating the best possible advertisement for your work.
Shelfbuzz is a very popular promotional website and newsletter, that features eBooks (those who are free for a promotional period usually) simply due to the quality of their covers. This is always a good site to check out for a gallery of eBooks from different genres, with eye-catching covers.
We offer two levels of eBook cover design service:
- Simple Cover Design – £125/$200: Layout based on a single library image, or image supplied by the client, with added title and author text.
- Premium Cover Design – £199/$315: Incorporating two or more images, with Photoshop processing as needed, and with added title and author text.
Simple Cover Design Examples:
Premium Cover Design Examples:
eBook Cover Spec
If you are providing your own cover image file, please follow these guidelines:
- RGB, not CMYK
- JPG, PNG, TIF or PDF file formats
- At least 72dpi
- At least 1400 pixels wide
- At least 2100 pixels tall
- Generally a width:height ratio of 1:1.5 is suitable
- We do not usually include a back cover
- Do not include a bar code or price information
- Some retailers will reject a book if the title and author name on the cover do not match those provided as metadata