Professional eBook Conversion Services for Authors, Publishers and Businesses
We work with successful hybrid authors, self-publishing eBook authors and small publishers, as well as international publishers like Hearst Magazines UK, and worldwide non-profit organizations (UN). Established in 2010, we have successfully completed thousands of eBook conversion projects for authors and publishers from around the world.
eBook Conversion from digital manuscript or Printed Book
You provide your manuscript to us as a Word Doc, pdf, or In Design file and we produce eBook files within 2 weeks.
Print copy only? We also provide an accurate print book scanning service, to create eBook files from hard-copy versions of your work. See our Book Scanning page for full details of this service.
eBook Conversion Formats
Standard Formats (Mobi file for Amazon devices and Apps, and ePub file for all other retailers).
Suitable for mostly text books, or books with a simple format – if your content contains more complex formatting you should consider Fixed Layout format. See this blog post for more information about how to prepare a manuscript for conversion to standard files.
The standard eBook formats offer the widest distribution opportunities and are compatible with all the major eBook reading platforms, devices and software.
If your book contains lots of images, or illustrations, or the content style needs to be maintained, Fixed Layout files will be the most appropriate way to create an eBook.
For picture books or books with a complex layout we offer Fixed-layout eBook conversion into the following formats:
- Fixed-layout ePUB 3 – for Apple, Google, and Kobo devices and Apps
- Fixed-layout KF8 – for Amazon devices and Apps
- PagePerfect PDF – for Barnes & Noble devices and Apps
Visit our Fixed-layout eBook Conversion Service page for full details.
How our eBook Conversion Service works…
- We will provide you with a price for conversion based on your description of your manuscript or, ideally, after we have seen your file or book. You can email your manuscript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you choose to use our service we will need the following from you:
- Final manuscript – edited and proofread.
- Book cover – we offer an eBook Cover Design service if required.
- Sales information about your book – we will provide you with a form to complete which collects important information about your title (the metadata).
- Payment – for new clients we require payment for conversion at the start of the project. We will issue you with an invoice and you can pay by a number of methods including PayPal and bank transfer.
The conversion process usually takes 2 to 3 weeks. When we have converted the manuscript we will email eBook files to you for review, along with instructions detailing how to view the files on a Kindle, iPad or other eReader device. If you do not have an e reading device, you can still check the eBook files, using free software on your PC.
If you spot anything that needs changing we can update the files and send them back to you for further review. Please note that if you request significant editorial changes after the conversion, there is likely to be an additional cost – this is why we strongly recommend that the manuscript you send to us has been edited and proofread.
Once you are happy with the converted eBook files they are ready for distribution. We offer a global eBook Distribution Service that manages the upload of your eBook files and metadata to all the major eBook retailers and thousands of libraries across the world. With our service you receive 100% of the royalties generated by your eBook sales and are paid monthly (assuming the amount due to you is at least $40/£20). For full details visit our eBook Distribution page.
Please complete our short Quote Request Form or email details of your project, ideally with the full manuscript or a good representative sample from, to email@example.com. We will respond quickly, with a price based on the information you provide. You can see our standard prices, which are based on an example of a text-only book of up to 75,000 words, on our Pricing page. We can convert manuscripts of any length or complexity.
For more information about eBook Conversion please take a look at our eBook Conversion FAQs.